PGDM: (Marketing, Finance, HR, Operation) Since 1974
The programme prepares students to be down-to-earth Performers, who continuously learn from experience and develop into thoughtful and sensitive professionals. Their role is to participate and influence organisational processes in an enlightened manner. This alone can lead to sustained growth of organisations. Its unique design is based on Instructional System Design Methodology, which aims at integrating the different disciplines to make Management an enriching field of thought. It is not modelled on any other Indian or Foreign programme.
The programme, not residential at present, is divided into 6 trimesters, each of approximately 10 weeks. Classes are usually held from 10 am to 4 pm. The academic year begins in JUNE and ends in APRIL. The Internship (8 weeks) in an industrial organisation following the first year, takes place in summer vacation
We emphasise Self-study throughout the programme. Hence, besides classroom learning, there are assignments, case study sessions and field studies, in which students' ACTIVE participation is expected. We insist on strict adherence to Minimum Attendance Norm, which is 80%, the remaining 20% being allowed for personal exigencies, sickness etc.
PGDIT (International Trade): Since 1993
The Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade is a two-year full-time course, which builds a ground-level expertise in International Trade as well as a broad vision of International environment. This course has a unique blend of 20 months of classroom learning and 4 months of practical training. The underlying philosophy is that the students have to become performers first and with experience, masterminds.
The PGDIT course prepares students for careers with Manufacturer exporters, Merchant exporters, Shipping Companies, Airlines, Logistics players and Service Providers. The emphasis is on combining operational capabilities with International Marketing.
The PGDHR course prepares students for careers with Manufacturing and Service Organizations of all types, Training and Development Organizations and Consultancy firms in HR. The focus of this course is to develop interpersonal skills, Organizational sensitivity alongside conceptual abilities to deal with people, tasks, systems and environment. This course includes process labs that cover advanced psychodynamic concepts. The emphasis is on learning from personal experiences of the students and faculty.