Cabo De Rama is a renowned beach fort of Goa. This Fort is a historical and ancient monuments of Goa that attract many tourist form all over the world.
Location : Cabo De Rama is located about 16 km north of Agonda beach in the coast road at the south end of Colva Bay.
About Cabo De Rama
Cabo De Rama is a beach fort and it is also known as Cape Rama Fort. This fort was built before the arrival of the Portuguese. It is one of the oldest forts in Goa. In year 1763, this fort was rebuilt by the Portuguese. Originally this fort was built in the Hindu structure.During the Maratha ruler of Sonda it had 21 guns for its defense, a chapel, military barracks and quarters for the use of the commandant under the Portuguese.
Main Attraction : Inside the fort there is a church of Santo Antonio
Legend About this Fort :
The name of this fort is drives after Lord Ram. During their exile from the holy city Ayodhya spent 14 years, Lord Rama and his wife Sita and brother Laxman was took refuge here.