The city of Ghazipur is the district headquarters .Ghazipur district forms the eastern part of the Varanasi Division
Geography of Ghazipur
Ghazipur cover the 3377 sq. km area. East side is bounded by Ballia and Bihar State , West side is bounded by Jaunpur, Varansi and Azamgarh district.South side is bounded by Chandauli district and the North side is bounded by Mau and Ballia .River Ganges from one side and Karmnasa from other side divided it from Bihar State. River in district are Ganges, Gomati, Gangai, Beson, Mangai, Bhainsai, Tons and Karmanasa River.
Latitude of Ghazipur city : 25° 19' and 25° 54' North
Longitude of Ghazipur city : 83° 4' and 83° 58' East
About Ghazipur District
Ghazipur was covered with dense forest during the Vedic era and it was a place for ashrams of saints during that period.The culture of Ghazipur is very rich and vibrant.
Blocks in Ghazipur District
In Ghazipur there are 16 Blocks.
Tehsils in Ghazipur
In Ghazipur there are 5 Tehsils
Railways Station in Ghazipur District
Ghazipur is the major railhead of North Eastern Railways, Varanasi Division
Ghazipur City Railway Station
Aunrihar Junction Railway Station
Zamania Railway Station
Dildarnagar Junction Railway Station
Yusufpur, Dullahpur,Sadat, Jakhania and Ghazipur Ghat are the other small railways station.
Tourist Place in Ghazipur District
Technical Institute in Ghazipur
- Industrial Training Institute , Ghazipur
- Technical Education and Research Institute ,Ghazipur
- State Polytechnic,Ghazipur
Degree College in Ghazipur District
- Swami Sahajanand P G College,Ghazipur
- Khardeeha Degree College, Khardeeha
- Rajkiya Degree College, Saidpur
- Hindu Degree College, Zamania
- Shahid Smarak Govt. Degree College, Mohamamadabad
- Post Graduate College,Ravindrapuri, Ghazipur
- Samata Degree College, Sadat
- Mahant Ramashraya Das Degree College, Bhurkura
- S.G.M.Unani & Ayurvedic Medical College ,Saheri Ghazipur
- State Homeopathic Medical College,Ghazipur
- Degree College, Malikpura
- Shree Prabhu Narayan Singh Degree Collage.Kasimabad
- Rajkiya Mahila Degree College,Ghazipur
- M G Sati Smarak Mahavidyalaya, Garua Makasudpur and More .........
Industries in Ghazipur Dstrict
Ghazipur is famous for Manufacture of perfumes especially rose water (Ghazipuri Gulabjal ) and Attar of roses (Rose oil).
Saltpeter Factory in Saidpur
Major Crops in Ghazipur District
Maize, urd, Bajara, Jwar, moong, Wheat ,Gram, peas, Mustard, Sorghum and paddy
Horticulture Crops in Ghazipur District
Mango, Ber, Papaya, Guava, Banana, jamun.