1.. Fill all the fields. Fill the form in English as well as Local Language. The portal automatically enables the same local language as was used at the time of your enrolment for Aadhaar and appears in your Aadhaar Letter.
2. Fill the form with current details. There is no need to provide details that are no more valid. For example, if you want to update/correct your Name/Address just fill the New Name/ Address in the space provided in form. There is no need to provide old Name/ Address.
3. Write full name without salutations/titles. For example do not write Dr. /Mr. /Col. etc
4. Fill in Date of Birth in DDMMYYYY format. Resident can update his/her Date of Birth from Declared to Verified only once. In case resident's Verified Date of Birth is incorrect in the Aadhaar letter, the resident can get it corrected once
5. Write complete address. The Aadhaar letter with updates will be delivered at the given address only. In case you face any issues with the Pin Code and related data (State/District/Village/Town/City/Post office), contact UIDAI contact centre at email@example.com.
6. To include Guardian/ Parent/Spouse Name as part of the address, select the appropriate box in C/O details and enter the name of the person in the subsequent field. C/o details in address, is used for letter delivery purposes and is a part of address. It is not mandatory to provide C/o details with address.
7. You are required to fill the complete address and submit supporting PoA even if you want to update/correct only C/o details. It is ok if C/o details are not mentioned in your PoA document.
8. Resident must be available at the given mobile number for any clarifications. Status of application will be intimated to the resident by sending an sms on this mobile number.
9. Always check that the details entered are correct and complete.
10. Resident must sign themselves (Self attest) the document copies before they scan and upload them on the portal.
11. You do not have to submit all the proof documents. You have to submit only the document/s which is/are required to support the Change/ Correction. For eg. You need not attach an Address proof if you change your Date of Birth or your Name.
12. Aadhaar letter with updates will be delivered at the given address only in case of Update/Correction in Name, Address, Date of Birth and Gender. For Update of Mobile number, the notification will be sent on the given mobile number
13. Submission of information for update does not guarantee update of Aadhaar data. The information submitted is subject to verification and validation. Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application and would attract penal provisions under prevailing laws.
link : https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update