Mahatma Gandhi Hall is also well-known as Town Hall. It is one of the most beautiful building in Indore.
About Mahatma Gandhi Hall
Mahatma Gandhi Hall earlier known as known as the King Edward Hall. In year 1905, King George V. However was opened it. In 1948, it was renamed as Mahatma Gandhi Hall. This hall is created in Seoni stone and it is one of the very best example of Indo-Gothic framework. Hall attributes Indo-Islamic, Hindu and Victorian Gothic elements. Mahatma Gandhi Hall is also known as the 'Ghanta Ghar' because its central tower has a clock on each of its four sides.
Now it is still used for various exhibitions and conferences, and central hall of Mahatma Gandhi Hall has the potential to accommodate 2000 people at a time. The property today contains a library, public park and a temple.