- When you and your partner are in a shopping center or airport, stop at one of those booths that allow you to take an instant photo and print them out as stickers. Choose a romantic background and kiss your partner while the photo is being taken. If your partner has voice mail at work or on her mobile, leave a message saying "Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you." She will appreciate this anytime but especially when she is going through a rough period.
- Organize a mystery trip for you and your partner. Some travel agents will organize mystery packages where the destination of the trip is kept secret until you are actually on the plane or arrive at the destination.
- Buy some rose petals and place them behind the sun visor on the passenger side of your car. Take a post it note and write, "I Love You" on it and stick it to the back of the sun visor.
As you are driving to a romantic destination, look at your partner and tell her she has a mark on her cheek. She will pull down the sun visor to use the mirror and be showered in rose petals and see your note.
- If your partner is going on a trip, pack a small present into the corner of her suitcase that she will find when she is away.
- When you and your partner are having an anniversary, buy two champagne glasses and get them engraved with your names and the date, for example: Mal and Kate 7 May 2002
Go to the restaurant where you have made your reservations and request that when you and your partner arrive that your champagne be served in your special glasses. This will be a great surprise for your partner and a wonderful keepsake for you both.
- On a special occasion such as your partner's birthday, buy twenty-four red roses. Arrange to meet her at a specific spot in a shopping mall before going
out for dinner. Get to the shopping mall early and position yourself around the corner from your meeting spot. Ask a guy who is walking by whether he would mind helping you out. Give him a rose, point out your partner and ask him to walk up to her and say, "Happy Birthday Meagan" and give her the rose and then walk away. Repeat this with eleven other guys. Choose guys who are not too good looking and
choose guys of different ages. A nice touch is to have the last rose delivered by a small child who could even by accompanied by his parents. After the first twelve flowers have been delivered, approach your partner with the twelve remaining roses.
- Always listen for things that your partner reminisces about and jot them down somewhere. For example, perhaps she talks about the ice cream that she had from a particular shop when she was a little girl.When a special occasion comes along, check your list of things that your partner talks about and try to recreate one of them, for example, visit the shop and buy a tub of ice cream making sure that the name of the shop is on the container.
- Create a love montage by collecting some photographs of you and your partner, some ticket stubs of places you have visited and any other small odds and ends that have special meaning to you both. Take these items and get them professionally framed in a three dimensional montage. Alternatively, buy a frame and create a simple montage yourself.
- Buy an ornately carved wooden box which is lined with green or red felt. Find an old fashioned key and place it in the box. Next, get a small gold plaque and have it engraved with the words The Key To My Heart Fix the plaque to the inside of the top of the box so that it can be read when the box is opened.