- Buy a book that you and your partner are both interested in reading. Read one chapter each night in bed with each of you taking turns to read out loud. This can be a great alternative to television.
- When your partner is having a shower or bath, take her towel and place it in the dryer to make it really warm and then wrap her up in it when she is done.
- Photocopy your hand and fax a copy of it to your partner with a message saying, "Do ya wanna hold hands?"
- Next time you order a pizza, ask to have it cut into a heart shape before it is delivered to your home.
- Buy a box of chocolates and very carefully open one side of the plastic wrap so that you can gently slide the box out. Open the box and place a love note inside. Then slide the box back into its plastic wrap and reseal it.
- Rent a tandem bike and go for a ride with your partner. At the end of your ride have a picnic in the park.
- Speak to your partner's family and find out what her favorite book was when she was a little girl. Buy a copy of the book and read it to her in bed.
- Write an email story with your partner. Start the ball rolling with an email that says something like:
This is the story of Pete and Kate who met at a friend's engagement party one summer afternoon. The email can then continue to develop the beginnings of a story which can be completely fictitious or a combination of fiction and reality. Finish your email by saying, "And now for Chapter 2, its over to you..."
- Buy a kite and on a windy day find a park and fly the kite with your partner. If you can afford it, buy a large kite that you control with two hand lines. These kites are great fun.
- When you and your partner are planning to go out for dinner, suggest that you have an 'Adventure Dinner'. Here's how it works Set the timer on your stopwatch to count down twenty minutes. Next, ask
your partner to choose a number between 5 and 10. Lets say she chooses 7.
Give your partner a coin and tell her that at every 7th intersection, she has to
flip the coin. If it is heads you will turn left. If it is tails you will turn right.
When your watch timer goes off you have to both keep a look out for the
nearest place to eat.
This is a fun way to get out and about and try new places to eat.
- When you and your partner are going somewhere special, get your camera, buy a new roll of film and wait for her to come out of the house. When she appears, act like a professional photographer and go wild taking pictures of her with the flash. While you are taking photos, bombard her with questions as though she was a famous actress and you are trying to get a scoop for the magazine you represent. Not only is this fun but you will also get some great photos to look back on together.
- When your partner is sick at home, take a day off to look after her. Rent some videos, make her some soup, wrap her up in a blanket and just be with her.
- When you are having dinner one night, ask your partner about the things she has always wanted to do. Later on, write these things down so you don't forget them and over time try and help make them happen. For example she may say that one thing she has always wanted to do is swim with dolphins. Find out where she can do this and organize it for her as a special surprise.
- Rent the video, "An Affair To Remember". Buy some popcorn, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and have a special film night at home.
- Go to the drive in but instead of sitting in the car, spread a picnic blanket on the ground. Light a candle and buy popcorn. Cuddle your partner and enjoy the film.
- Create a personalized magazine cover for your partner. To do this, get hold of a good quality photo of her and a copy of a popular entertainment magazine.
Take these two items to a print shop or graphic design agency. Ask them to scan your partner's photo and develop a magazine cover with the lead story being.
When you get the cover, stick it on the front of a real magazine and ask your local shop owner whether you can place it in the magazine rack. Organize to meet your partner at the shop before going out. When she arrives, tell her that you are just looking for a magazine. Let her browse the rack and discover her magazine.