- Fill the trunk of your car with helium balloons. Drive to a romantic spot in the country to go for a walk. The ideal spot is somewhere up high with a clear view of the surrounding countryside.
Get out of the car and act as though you are about to set off for your walk. Make sure your partner is closer to the car than you and then throw her the keys and ask if she can get your jacket from the trunk while you tie your shoelace.
When she opens the boot the balloons will be released. You can also place a sign saying, "I Love You" on the inside of the trunk so that it will be revealed when the trunk opens.
- On a special occasion create a unique present for your partner by buying two white t-shirts and some fabric paint. Draw half a heart and the letters LO on one t-shirt and the half a heart and the letters VE on the other t-shirt. When you walk down the street holding each other close, the heart will be made whole and your message of love revealed.
- On a hot summers day, buy two large water pistols and take them to the beach with you. Pull them out and throw one to your partner and then have a huge water fight.
- Share your food with your partner. When you go out for a meal, hold a forkful up to her mouth and say, "You've got to try this." Sharing your food and even feeding each other is a great way to become closer as a couple.
- Compliment your partner in public. If you are talking in a group and it is appropriate to the conversation say something like, "Kate makes the most incredible roast." Squeeze her hand while you are talking about her.
- Arrange a special day off from work. Start with breakfast, go for a walk in the park, go shopping, have afternoon tea in a cozy cafe and finish off with a romantic dinner.
- Buy a gift voucher for a facial at a local beauty clinic and place it in a card accompanied by the message,A special treat for someone special
- Even if you are just going down the road to buy some milk, act as though you are returning home after a major adventure. Say something like, "Well it was touch and go there for a while with the snow and the wolves but I made it!" and then give your partner a huge bear hug.
- Send your partner a thank-you note. For example:
Thanks for helping me move house.
Having you there made a huge difference.
I really appreciate your help and your love.
- If you have kids, organize for them to stay at their grandparents for the weekend. On Friday evening, announce that the weekend is yours and start planning how you are going to spend your special time together.
- Give your partner a magic gift box. Every month, place a new small gift in the box for her to discover.
- Research your partner's favorite hobby and identify a gift that is really useful for her. The more specialized the gift the more impact it will have. Talk to her friends and family and use the Net to find the information you need.
- Go to a masquerade ball. Send an invitation to your partner telling her to meet you at a specific spot at the stroke of eight. Wear a mask and when you meet her, don't say a word. Just take her hand and lead her on to the dance floor.
- On Thursday, ask your partner to pack a bag for the weekend. Tell her she'll need casual clothes and walking shoes but don't tell her what you have got
planned. Pick her up after work on Friday and drive to a romantic bed and breakfast for a romantic weekend of relaxation.
- When you are relaxing at home one night, take two large sheets of paper and some pencils or crayons. On each piece of paper, draw the outline of a large crystal ball sitting on a stand. Tell your partner to look into her crystal ball and draw what she sees five years in the future. Do the same thing yourself and then come ogether to share and discuss your drawings.
- Create a loving nickname for your partner. This could be the name she was called by her family when she was a little girl or something that is special just for the two of you.